Thursday 15 September 2016

Representations


Representations

Mainstream

I think I belong to the group Mainstream, as a Townie. I enjoy high street fashion such as Topshop, Urban Outfitters and Zara, which all have similar clothing which will mean I blend in with everyone else. The clothes are fashionable and up to date, but this means many other people have them as it is a well-known place to shop for teenagers.  I really enjoy listening to music, my favourite songs to listen to are currently in the charts and artists such as Justin Bieber, Bebe Rexha and The Chainsmokers. Most people know and like these artists, however, I also love to listen to The 1975 and Twenty-One Pilots. I also like bands which aren't as popular, for example, Viola Beach. I enjoy spending my Saturday nights watching shows such as The X Factor and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, but, I also like spending nights out with my friends. I try to keep up to date with fashion trends and media influencers, but I wouldn't say I'm fashion forward. I'm friends with people interested in similar things and different things to me, some are from other tribes too. I don't like to stand out, and prefer to go with the flow of other people. 
I wouldn't say any celebrities are similar to me, however I would consider myself similar to celebrities as i like fashion, makeup and following current trends. However, I wouldn't say I'm similar to a specific celebrity. My favourite make up brands are Benefit and Charlotte Tilbury, so I model myself from their images and use their products. I follow most trends from Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat. These are also my favourite apps. I see pictures on these apps of celebrities I like, and people I don't know to see what is in and how to do hair, make up or styling. I do this to be up-to-date and to fit in with the current style.
TownieImage result for The 1975 2016







No comments:

Post a Comment